After about three weeks of work, I believe I’ve identified almost 167,000 unique pictures (give or take a thousand or so) and over 250k duplicates. Right now, OneDrive is struggling to determine what of the myriad of changes I’ve made are valid and trying to sync that up to the cloud. I sort of expect that to take quite some time.
I still haven’t resorted them based on the Year/Month/Day/Model mode I mentioned earlier, but I do plan on doing that eventually. First I need to let this sync happen and then I plan on identifying which cameras belong to us, family and friends so I can separate ours/theirs/etc. Once that’s done, then I’m going to slowly perform the final reorgs of Mobile/Regular and apply the new sort.
I’m also considering whether I should separate out all the videos or not. Part of me says yes, part of me says no. Having the videos separate might make it easier to prepare videos and other multimedia things in the future, but there’s also something nice about having the pictures/videos intermingled and can lead to some neat discoveries.
I’ll post more as I go.
Post a Comment